Jelly is a cat with an owner who loves him enough to make him his own webpage. Jelly has a pretty good life.
This page will document Jelly’s weight loss, as well as the gradual destruction of our home. You can also see a list of all my posts about Jelly, and view an entire gallery of his photos. Yes, I’m that cat lady.
When we moved to San Francisco, I actually had to make a resume for Jelly as part of the apartment application process.
Here’s is some more background information, in case you were wondering:
- He weighed in at hefty 14.5 lb when we first brought him home. Talk about a Jelly belly.
- Weighed 14.06 lb (6/30/11)
- Weighed 12.00 lbs (1/10/12) – Vet said he is at a healthy weight
- Weighed 12.30 lbs (3/10/12) – oops
- Weighed 13.3 lbs (8/7/12) – uh oh! time to get back on track!
- Weighed 12.10 lbs (1/31/13) – Vet said he is at a healthy weight
- He was at the animal shelter for one month before we adopted him, surrendered by previous owners due to allergies.
- He stinks at killing ants.
- He once caught a BAT in the middle of the night!
- One vet took one look and called him a “moose.”
- His favorite place to nap is on any of Justin’s clothing, anything made of fleece, and a random piece of red sheer fabric on the floor (because he’s fancy.)
- He is fed Wellness Healthy Weight dry food and also their wet food, and lost two pounds on their diet!
- Favorite foods to snatch off the counter: shrimp, crab rangoon, cornbread, sugar cookies, chicken wings.
- Best trick: bat-catching, wiping the fog off the bathroom mirror.