I’m back for another round of Missed Meals – a post where I highlight meals that missed being mentioned on the blog until now.
I have said in the past that dinner inspiration is not my strength, so most weeknight meals are rarely memorable. If a plate of food happens to look good, [...]
Here are some carrots.
See? I eat vegetables. I also eat bread, meat, and cheese from time to time. I buy lettuce and it doesn’t always wilt to death in the crisper. But, you wouldn’t know that by looking at my blog lately. All I see is sugar, chocolate, or
Pizza: homemade crust, jarred sauce, lots of cheese, onions, peppers, mushrooms, and kielbasa.
Doh! I feel stupid today.
Within ten minutes of opening my eyes to greet the day, they were shut again. I managed to poke my right eye so bad with an eyeliner pencil that I couldn’t open it. Ten more minutes later, I left the apartment for work with one blurry eye and [...]
You may not know that I have past experience working as a pizza cook. Back in high school, I worked at Bertucci’s as carry-out staff, a hostess, and eventually moved to back-of-house.
I was in charge of portioning out baggies of cheese, frozen chicken, and scallops in the morning. When customers [...]
This is an easy spin on the traditional pizza pie or calzone. Pizza samosas are just what you would imagine: pizza in samosa form. I rolled out whole wheat pizza dough into individual triangular shapes.
Then, I spooned tomato sauce and piled on the filling. I went with broccoli, onions, and [...]
Just like leftovers from the fridge, sometimes I have to use photos from days gone by. On days like this when I’m running low on inspiration, I have to dig in the archives to show you something interesting.
These are pictures from dinner a couple weekends ago, amid all the hubbub [...]
Another week goes by, and so go the contents of my fridge.
We are running almost on empty right now, compared to what I purchased at Whole Foods on Monday. I am a weekend-shopper, in that I load up on grocery on the weekend and don’t make many pit stops in between. There [...]
Not everything that happens in the Blunder Kitchen stays in the Blunder Kitchen. In fact, 80% of it winds up on the blog (the remaining 20% is oatmeal.) Some photos get lost in my photo library or get surpassed by more appealing recipes.
What I’m sharing with you are the forgotten ones. Never Before Seen [...]
Pizza à la refrigerator.
Casserole au cabinet.
Ravioli al frozen
All of these dinners wound up tasting great, but I can’t admit to planning any of them in advance. The casserole, for example, came together in about 10 minutes while I was on my way out the door.
GREETINGSWelcome to Blunder Construction! Forecast is yummy with a 90% chance of cats.
Browse for posts by category or search the ever-growing food lists.
May 2013 S M T W T F S « Apr 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
EVERYTHING ELSEalmonds apricot artichoke banana barbecue beans beer butterscotch cacao calzone candy caramel cauliflower cheesecake chia chicken chili chinese cinnamon cocktails coffee corn cornbread cranberry croissants date donuts dressing eggrolls fajita falafel french ginger gingerbread granola honey hummus ice cream lemon matzo meatballs mexican mushroom mustard nachos orange pancakes pastry peaches pepper peppermint pickles pot pie quiche quinoa rice salsa sea salt shrimp smoothie soda squash strawberries stuffing sunflower butter sweet potato thai turkey vegan vietnamese wrap zucchini